How to: Install the Language Packs for SharePoint 2013 to deploy site on a different language
While installing SharePoint 2013 I ran in to several issues that appear to have corrected by installing SharePoint 2013 in English on a Windows 2012 Server in English (same language). I should note I was trying to deploy a SP server in Spanish on a W2012 English server. Regardless, after many of the issues disappearing by installing it in the same language and error codes more easily accessible now that the event log messages are in English I wanted to still deploy sites in Spanish.
In order to deploy SharePoint sites on a different language than the installation language you need to obtain the Language Packs for SharePoint 2013 which you can find here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35492
After you have downloaded the language pack all you need to do is follow this simple instructions in order to deploy another language:
To install the language pack:
- Download the file by clicking the Download button (from the link above) and saving the file to your hard disk. Don’t forget to select the correct language you wish to deploy.
- Run the setup program.
- On the Read the Microsoft Software License Terms page, review the terms, select the I accept the terms of this agreement check box, and then click Continue.
- The setup wizard runs and installs the language pack.
- Rerun the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard, using the default settings.
Note: If you do not run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard after you install a language pack, the language pack will not be installed properly.
Rerun the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard:
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Products, and then click SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard.
- On the Welcome to SharePoint Products and Technologies page, click Next.
- Click Yes in the dialog box that alerts you that some services might need to be restarted during configuration.
- On the Modify Server Farm Settings page, click Do not disconnect from this server farm, and then click Next.
- If the Modify SharePoint Central Administration Web Administration Settings page appears, do not modify any of the default settings, and then click Next.
- On the Completing the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard page, click Next.
- On the Configuration Successful page, click Finish.