How to: Resolve error “The management agent “MOSSAD-Connection with AD” failed on run profile “DS_FULLIMPORT” because of connectivity issues.” in SharePoint Server 2013
When you are configuring SharePoint Server 2013’s User Profile Service you might run into the error message indicating that the management agent failed on run profile “DS_FULLIMPORT” because of connectivity issues. This is generally caused by the User running the task not having the right permissions set up on Active Directory. Although in theory in a one way synchronization you only need read access, as described on some Microsoft document said user also needs to have the rights to perform a replication. Below are a few simple steps you may follow in order to give the user the required permissions and hopefully resolve this issue on your SharePoint 2013 deployment:
- Open the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in.
- On the View menu, click Advanced Features.
- Right-click the domain object, i.e. “Contoso.com”, and then click Properties.
- On the Security tab, click Add. If for some reason the user account you are using to run this service is already on the list you can skip to step 7.
- In the Select Users, Computers, or Groups dialog box find the user account under which the profile sync service is running and then click Add.
- Click OK to return to the Properties dialog box.
- Select the recently added user account // user account under which the profile sync service will run under.
- Select the “Replicating Directory Changes” (Replicando cambios de directorio in Spanish) check box from the list.
- Click Apply and then click OK.
- Now start a new full sync from your SharePoint Central Administration to verify the issue has been resolved!
Below is a sample of the error message you might be receiving:
Log Name: Application
Date: 21/03/2013 12:47:51 p. m.
Event ID: 6050
Task Category: Management Agent Run Profile
The management agent “MOSSAD-Connection with AD” failed on run profile “DS_FULLIMPORT” because of connectivity issues.
Discovery Errors : “0”
Synchronization Errors : “0”
Metaverse Retry Errors : “0”
Export Errors : “0”
Warnings : “0”
View the management agent run history for details.
<Provider Name=”FIMSynchronizationService” />
<TimeCreated SystemTime=”2013-03-21T19:47:51.000000000Z” />
MOSSAD-Connection with AD