How to: Set Auto-Forwarding from your Gmail account
and get your Gmail on Outlook.com
It’s easy to set up your Gmail account to forward new messages to Outlook.com.
- Sign in to Gmail and Outlook.com in separate browser windows.
- Open Forwarding and POP/IMAP in Gmail settings by clicking here.
- Click Add a forwarding address and type in the email address you want your emails to be forwarded to.
- Click Next and proceed. Gmail will send a confirmation to your Outlook.com inbox.
- In your Outlook.com inbox, open the confirmation email. You’ll find the confirmation code.
- Go back to Gmail settings, enter the confirmation code and click Verify.
- Click Forward a copy of incoming mail to and choose the email address you configured previously.
- Click Save Changes.
That’s it. Let’s set it up now! If you have any problems, go to Google help. If you are using another provider (not Outlook.com) don’t worry, the instructions are pretty generic for forwarding any emails from Gmail to a third party mail host.