How to: Set Auto-Forwarding from your Gmail account
and get your Gmail on Outlook.com
It’s easy to set up your Gmail account to forward new messages to Outlook.com.
- Sign in to Gmail and Outlook.com in separate browser windows.
- Open Forwarding and POP/IMAP in Gmail settings by clicking here.
- Click Add a forwarding address and type in the email address you want your emails to be forwarded to.
- Click Next and proceed. Gmail will send a confirmation to your Outlook.com inbox.
- In your Outlook.com inbox, open the confirmation email. You’ll find the confirmation code.
- Go back to Gmail settings, enter the confirmation code and click Verify.
- Click Forward a copy of incoming mail to and choose the email address you configured previously.
- Click Save Changes.
That’s it. Let’s set it up now! If you have any problems, go to Google help
. If you are using another provider (not Outlook.com) don’t worry, the instructions are pretty generic for forwarding any emails from Gmail to a third party mail host.