Mar 20

How to: Resolve the error: The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.LMTRepopulationJob (ID c8a3ba26-d087-4784-ba9c-1cab0e0369a6) threw an exception when using SharePoint 2013

How to: Resolve the error: The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.LMTRepopulationJob (ID c8a3ba26-d087-4784-ba9c-1cab0e0369a6) threw an exception when using SharePoint 2013

I am having a hard time fixing this error. I have reinstalled SharePoint like 10 times, created new databases, different installation options and even resorted to using all English products (Windows Server 2012 and SharePoint 2013) to avoid any potential issues regarding the languages. I have ran out of ideas so I have reached out to Microsoft and expect hopefully to hear back from them with a response on this.

Below is a sample of the error message you may be receiving on the Event log:

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Microsoft-SharePoint Products-SharePoint Foundation

Date:          20/03/2013 05:15:11 p. m.

Event ID:      6398

Task Category: Timer

Level:         Critical

Keywords:

User:

Computer:

Description:

The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.LMTRepopulationJob (ID c8a3ba26-d087-4784-ba9c-1cab0e0369a6) threw an exception. More information is included below.

 

Unexpected exception in FeedCacheService.BulkLMTUpdate: Region not found..

Event Xml:

xmlns=”http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event”>

<System>

<Provider Name=”Microsoft-SharePoint Products-SharePoint Foundation” Guid=”{6FB7E0CD-52E7-47DD-997A-241563931FC2}” />

<EventID>6398</EventID>

<Version>15</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>12</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime=”2013-03-21T00:15:11.064463300Z” />

<EventRecordID>5980</EventRecordID>

<Correlation ActivityID=”{95C7099C-C406-E062-D931-E9043219EC63}” />

<Execution ProcessID=”2036″ ThreadID=”1460″ />

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer></Computer>

UserID=”” />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name=”string0″>Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.LMTRepopulationJob</Data>

<Data Name=”string1″>c8a3ba26-d087-4784-ba9c-1cab0e0369a6</Data>

<Data Name=”string2″>Unexpected exception in FeedCacheService.BulkLMTUpdate: Region not found..</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Enhanced by Zemanta

9 comments

Skip to comment form

    • christoph hannappel on March 26, 2013 at 9:46 am
    • Reply

    any updates on this?

    • Chris on June 28, 2013 at 2:27 pm
    • Reply

    Yep any news would be greatly appreciated

    • John P. Greiner on July 25, 2013 at 9:50 am
    • Reply

    Having the exact same problem, any updates?

    • Kamil on August 25, 2013 at 4:20 pm
    • Reply

    Same here, any updates please?

    • Oli on September 10, 2013 at 5:39 am
    • Reply

    Anyoune found a solution?

    • Dave on September 13, 2013 at 1:52 am
    • Reply

    I’ve got this too…

    • Olivier on September 18, 2013 at 1:05 pm
    • Reply

    Follow this procedure : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939308
    Restart the AppFabric Caching Service.

    This solve the issue.

    • Ken on June 2, 2015 at 1:55 am
    • Reply

    In my case the port number for Central Admin had changed and some of the jobs were looking for the old port number. I changed the port back to what it was originally and restarted the SharePoint Timer service and these errors ceased.

    • Pon Amirtharaj Antony on April 5, 2016 at 12:30 am
    • Reply

    Enable windows firewall (both inbound & outbound) for the following app fabric cache ports (22233, 22234, 22235, 22236) for both TCP & UDP. Now issue got resolved. Cheers !!!!

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: